We are looking for a QHSE Manager at Køge Hospital Project Team I/S.
The Køge Hospital Project is an extensive expansion of the current hospital in Køge, which will also include a complete renovation of the hospital. When this renovation is complete, new specialty departments, various research departments and numerous healthcare opportunities will be united under one roof. The hospital will benefit the entire Region of Zealand and is one of the three emergency hospitals in the Region.
KHPT offers you an exciting job where you will have the opportunity to provide input and greatly influence the QHSE department. The company is owned by Itinera and CMB, two Italian companies that have a lot of experience in building hospitals. By taking part in the Køge Hospital Project you are offered the opportunity to be part of an international organization and partake in an exciting project that will benefit future generations.
The QHSE Manager guarantees compliance with the quality, health & safety and environmental requirements that are expected by the contract and the current local legislation. The Manager will oversee the correct application by the organization of the operating procedures defined in the Quality, Health and Safety and Environmental Control Plans of the contract. It is expected that the QHSE Manager will support and mentor departmental staff, ensuring professional growth, management and motivation of coordinated staff.
- Organizing and conducting periodic inspections to verify the application and effectiveness of the activities related to quality, maintaining appropriate registration.
- Collaborating with the Technical Services in the drafting of the Quality Control Plans.
- Ensuring knowledge and compliance of the Quality Control Plans by all personnel involved, including contractors/subcontractors.
- Identifying and proposing quality information/training programs for workers.
- Monitoring the correct execution of the checks foreseen in the Quality Control Plans and the preparation of the related documents.
- Ensuring the correct storage of the quality records (reports, communications, etc.).
- Reporting to the Project Manager any non-conformities found during the control activities, proposing appropriate corrective actions and monitoring their implementation.
Health and Safety:
- Partake in site inspections and audits, providing safety coordination during the construction of the project in accordance with the Safety and Health Plan (PSS) and the internal work environment plan.
- Organizing the cooperation between the different subcontractors, including the subcontractors working together or simultaneously at specific site areas.
- Coordinate the specific activities at the construction site, with the aim to protect employees against health risks and prevent accidents.
- Ensure that the subcontractors apply the general prevention principles in a coherent manner.
- Ensure that subcontractors use the PSS when required.
- Ensure that the various subcontractors are carrying out diverse tasks in accordance with the regulations.
- Engage with all relevant stakeholders including the client, authorities, suppliers and teams in order to promote effective collaboration.
- Advise all Employees on health and safety procedures and ensure that all situations are mitigated correctly.
- Provide monthly reports, which provide a current status to the Project Manager.
- Attend relevant health and safety presentations to ensure an updated Project safety plan and an overview over current legislation and any key changes that are required.
- Support the operational team, in order to reduce risk throughout all construction tasks.
- Arrange and facilitate meetings and training courses for employees and operational teams.
- In collaboration with the rest of the team, ensure the working environment plan for the different types of work and phases being performed simultaneously, or in succession, are prepared and coordinated.
- Ensure that the Company is compliant and up-to-date with current environmental legislation and initiatives.
- Implement environmental policies and practices.
- Monitor the implementation of strategies and ensure targets are met.
- Engage with relevant stakeholders, such as The Danish Working Environment Authority.
- 15 years of experience in construction companies specialized in civil engineering and complex infrastructures, of which at least 5 years in the role
- Experience working with Quality, OHS and Environmental legislation in Denmark.
- Degree in Civil Engineering is an advantage
- Fluent in English
- Business Proficiency in Danish is an advantage
If you can see yourself in the job description and are interested in taking part in an important project with a great impact and international environmentt, please feel free to apply today, as our recruitment is an ongoing process.
Please submit a detailed Cover Letter and CV in English.
KHPT looks forward to hearing from you!