The purchasing agent will support the existing procurement department and the group’s procurement strategy under the supervision and the guidelines followed by the Procurement Manager.
The position is likely to suit a dynamic team player with a ‘can do’ attitude. Are you ready to put your current competences to use and are you eager to specialize your skills in an international construction company with 80+ employees, while focusing on procurement?
- Manage the procurement process, purchasing at the most competitive price, delivering on time and meeting the quality standards set by the Company.
- Follow and improve current processes to update all relevant processes and procedures.
- In line with the company requirements maintain professional relationships with suppliers and subcontractors ensuring effective alignment with the company’s needs and objectives.
- Scouting of new possible suppliers and subcontractors for new operational areas.
- Leading the development and negotiation of terms and conditions with the suppliers and subcontractors.
- Analysis of quotations, lead negotiations with prospective suppliers and subcontractors, managing pre & post tender interviews, to develop robust, commercially competitive contacts package bids.
- Monitoring and reporting of procurement results against budget.
- Compiling tender enquiries and managing the tender process.
- Analysing tenders for compliance with the enquiry, creating and analysing cost comparisons.
- Managing pre-order meetings.
- Assembling and issuing technical documentation.
- Ensure the integrity and reputation of the company are, at all times, upheld.
- Technical education. Degree in engineering is preferred.
- A minimum of documented 2-3 years of experience of working in a similar position.
- An understanding of construction, engineering processes procurement procedures, as well as dealing with contracts and terms and conditions are a pre-requisite of the role.
- Strong negotiation and communication skills are prerequisite.
- Willingness to lead by example, with a strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work under pressure, whilst ensuring deadlines are met.
- Able to read and interpret building drawings and specifications.
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken.
- Strong IT skills are essential, particularly with MS Word and Excel; knowledge of SAP is an advantage but not a requirement.